Friday, April 12, 2013

Post State Meeting

I am so excited to announce that I successfully made it to state meeting and all of my paperwork is turned in to the Miss Louisiana Organization! How exciting?! All of the paperwork, pictures, money, and ads are turned in and I can officially lift that weight off of my shoulders.

The weekend was jam packed with meetings, business, and even a little bit of fun for the contestants. Each contestant introduced themselves and announced their current title during Friday nights gathering and then the business began. Luckily the "Miss" contestants were able to sneak out a little early and embark on our overnight adventure. The hours that we put towards our "adventure" are going towards the process of winning the Duke of Edinburgh award. Last year I received the bronze medal and this year I am working towards the silver. The slumber party was extremely fun and we were able to bond and paint canvases representing our title. The Miss Louisiana Organization is so good to all of its girls!

Saturday morning began early and spared no time for play. We immediately went through obligations, rules, expectations, and drawing contestant numbers. That part of the meeting is always very serious and makes me extremely nervous. These are the thoughts that run through my head...

"Should I pick a high number...or a low number...or in between...how can I make the judges remember me...should I be in the blues group...or the jazz group...I am singer so I dont want to be lined up next to a singer...who should I compete next to...who do I want to perform before...who do I want to perform after...?"

So basically it is intense and before you know it, they call out your name and you need to decide right then where you want to placed in the lineup. I am pleased to announce that I am at peace with my decision and I am NUMBER FIVE in the lineup thirty six amazing women and a part of the JAZZ group! I cannot wait for June.

I am so happy that I was able to meet the new contestants and reunite with the returning contestants. All of the women I met could gracefully represent the state. It is always such a blessing to add members into this sisterhood. I cannot wait until we reunite again soon!

With joy and happiness,
Miss Louisiana Jazzland

Pictures attached


The canvas I painted


Carley McCord and I at the commercial shoot


Ann Harmon, Amy Dousay, Ginger Douglas, Megan Miller, and Scarlett Britt


Megan Miller, Lauren Vizza, and I at State Meeting. Best friends finally reunited!


Lauren Vizza, Jaden Leach, Carley McCord, Megan Miller, and I 


Miss Louisiana girls at the commercial shoot


Tri Sigma's: Dorie Chelette Berry, Carley McCord, and I


Miss Louisiana girls and their painings


Mallory Cox and I 


The end of State Meeting with all of the contestants


Lauren and I finally got to catch up


My best friends Megan Miller


Northwestern Demons! Fork 'em!

No comments:

Post a Comment